In the event of the school closing, it would be beneficial to continue assisting your child during the school term with their learning. This may take many different forms depending on their age and the family situation. Parents are encouraged to assist with supporting their child by practising literacy and numeracy skills that will benefit their overall learning.
Home reading is strongly encouraged to continue. All students have been sent home with additional reading resources from the school library.
Every Day Tasks:
|Discuss the structure of the genre. Brainstorm ideas and plan the writing using an attached template.||Begin writing first draft.||Complete writing started on Tuesday.||Edit the completed draft. The idea of editing is to improve the piece by adding describing words, punctuation, checking for meaning and if it makes sense. Please use the attached editing sheet.||Complete a good copy. *All work is to be submitted, ie plan, draft and good copy.|
Each day choose and different activity to complete
• Do a random Act of Kindness (empty the dishwasher, give someone a compliment),
• Literacy websites – www.scholastic.com/learnathome
• View “Behind the News” https://www.abc.net.au/btn/classroom/
• Kidsnews: https://www.kidsnews.com.au/
• Sunshine online- https://www.sunshineonline.com.au/parents.php
• StudyLadder Tasks that are set by the teacher. https://www.studyladder.com.au/
• Cool Maths Games Free games covering all concepts https://www.coolmathgames.com/
• Mathletics: https://www.mathletics.com/au/for-home/free-trial/
StudyLadder Account username: _____________________ p/w__________________
Classroom Teacher email: